Monday 30 April 2012

OTT Security on Savings Accounts

OK, I know security is a big issue today. I am not naive. But when my joint building society savings account was recently taken over by one of the Big Five banks it looked so over the top I bailed out before the transfer date. My wife and I were showered with letters about authorization numbers, pin numbers, membership numbers, plastic cards, even pin numbers for website, all different for internet and phone and for each of us, some ten letters to date, and still counting. It seemed as if they wanted to lock our money into their safe for *their* safekeeping, never to be retrieved again - they hope. Come on, let's be sensible about this. Life it too short.

1 comment:

  1. Why not companies put an effort to employ Penetration Test it can improve their security system quite a lot actually.

    ReplyDelete