Thursday 15 July 2010

Understand the doggie mind

I have been the owner of rescue dogs for well over 20 years and I have to say that my knowledge of them at the beginning was poor, to say the least. We did not really understand our first dog, Bruno, very well, but our second dog, Meg, taught us a lot. Since then I have studied dog behaviour and can see where we used to go wrong, and I have learned how to approach training in a more informed way. I am therefore publishing a number of dog-related articles on my website to encourage more informed ownership, and you can see them listed here. If you are a first-dog owner, I hope it will be of particular value.

The first dog article I published on my author website was on stopping your dog pulling on the lead, and the second, published today, is on better understanding the dog's mind. I have included a comparision between the nature of a human and dog brain to emphasise why a dog relates to connections as opposed to reasoning. I hope you find it interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment